The most simple way of assessing the quality of laser cutting machines is to see the cutting quality. As for new customers, they usually want to see the performance of laser cutting machines before they decide to buy them. The cutting speed and cutting quality are their concerns. The following part will tell you what factors should be considered as judging the cutting quality.
Eight factors in the following part should be take into account.
1. Roughness. Certain of vertical grains will appear at the cutting surface. The deepness of vertical grains determine the roughness of the cutting surface. The more shallow vertical grains are, the more smooth the cutting surface is. Roughness not only influences the appearance of cutting edges, but also affects the friction. In most occasions, we need to reduce the roughness. Therefore, the more shallow vertical grains are, the higher the cutting quality is.
2. Verticality. If the thickness of sheet metal is more than 10 millimeters, it is critical to keep cutting edges vertical. Laser beams will diverge when they are far away from the focusing point. Changing with the location of the focusing point, the cutting wideness will be larger near the end or top points, diverging one hundred percent of the cutting vertical line. So the more vertical cutting edges are, the higher the cutting quality is.
3. Cutting Thickness. Cutting thickness is usually not a factor for the cutting quality. Only if a special delicate outline forms within the cutting goods can it be a critical element. This is because cutting thickness determines the minimum radius of the outline. The correlation is found between sheet thickness and cutting wideness. In order to maintain high precision, the processing area of parts should be fixed on laser cutting machines no matter the wideness of cutting edges.
4. Grain. When cutting thick plates at high speed, the molten metal does not appear in the incision under the vertical laser beam. Instead, the molten metal will spray out behind the laser beam. As a result, curved grain formed at the cutting edge, and the grain closely followed the moving laser beam. To fix this problem, reduce the feed rate at the end of cutting, which can greatly eliminate the formation of grain.
5. Burr. The formation of burr plays an important role in determining the quality of laser cutting. Because it needs extra work to remove the burr, the amount of burr can be used to judge the quality of cutting.
6. Sag and corrosion. Sag and corrosion have an adverse effect on the surface of the cutting edge, affect the appearance. They appear in general cutting error which should have been avoided.
7. Heat Affected Zone. During the process of laser cutting, the region is heated along the incision. At the same time, the metal structure changes. For example, some metal hardening will occur. Heat affected zoo refers to the depth of the region in which the internal structure has changed.
8. Deformation. If the cutting sharply heats the parts, it will be out of shape. This is especially important in fine machining, because the outline and the connection plate are usually tenths of a few millimeters wide. Control the laser power and use short pulse laser can reduce the heat of the parts so as to avoid deformation.